Saturday, July 28, 2007

Rainclouds

A cloud headed toward me that March day,
that day when I met you,
that day when I wished you were mine,
and I knew, and I knew this day would come,
yet I did not know how soon it would be.
so I went on knowing the truth,
till you so blatantly shot me down,
and I crept away,
and that cloud passed,
and the invigorating rain disappeared.

That rain can not come back!
Yet the sun comes out still.
The rain can not come back,
yet I live determined as I was before.

You know the truth,
and it aches inside of you,
and you know that you'll never know this feeling again.
But why should you?
Why can't that rain continue?

cause that cloud was a hurricane,
and shook me up terribly,
and it rained for many a day,
you drilled yourself inside of me slowly, slowly...

But the truth still is there!
One day you'll come back to me and want to see me again,
And I'll welcome you back with open arms,
but will you ever be the hurricane you once were?

Ah, no matter, the sun is out,
and she won't turn on me,
ah, not the sun.
For the sun is eternal,
a cloud comes and goes,

Will you accept my invitation,
and rethink your way of life?

Or will you continue to live where you are,
where the sun, moon, nor stars,
cast light upon your path?

Well, I shall await your answer nonetheless,
and still think of you each night,
but as the sun shines,
I will not or cannot falter,
but I will remain strong,

Again I say to you,
The sun shall not die,
but you one day shall.

No comments: